- The JISC e-Learning Models Desk Study offers a review of many e-Learning theories, frameworks and models.
- Read this scholarly paper on experiential learning theory.
- The Association for Experiential Learning offers a wealth of resources on their site.
- This site offers a history of experiential learning theory and compares several learning theorists who promoted experiential learning theory.
scholarly journal articles concerning experential learning theory
- Colvin, J. & Tobler, N. (2013). Cultural speak: Culturally relevant pedagogy and experiential learning in a public speaking classroom. Journal of Experiential Education, 36(3), 233-246. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1053825913489104
- Jordi, R. (2010). Reframing the concept of reflection: Consciousness, experiential learning and reflective learning practices. Adult Education Quarterly, 6(2), 181-197. doi: http://doi.org/10.1177/0741713610380349
- McCarthy, M. (2010). Experiential learning theory: From theory to practice. Journal of Business and Economics Research, 8(5), 131-140.
- Here is an interesting infographic that delves into the importance of online education throughout history.
- An online article offering a description of the history of online learning.
- This blog discusses blended learning and its impact on f2f learning.
- The Blended Learning Institute offers a wealth of resources for teachers who want to incorporate web-based tools into their classrooms.
Scholary Articles– these articles may be relevant for your WordPress PLE!
- Akyol, Zehra & Garrison, D. Randy. (2011). Understanding cognitive presence in an online and blended community of inquiry: Assessing outcomes and processes for deep approaches to learning.British Journal of Educational Technology, 42(2), 233-250. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8535.2009.01029.x
- Gaytan, Jorge. (2007). Visions shaping the future of online educaiton: Understanding its historical evolution, implications and assumptions.Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, 10(2). Retrieved from http://www.westga.edu/~distance/ojdla/summer102/gaytan102.htm
- Moore, Joi L., Dickson-Deane, Camille & Galyen, Krista. (2011). e-Learning, online learning and distance learning environments: Are they all the same? Internet and Higher Education, 14, 129-135.